Some common synonyms of accede are acquiesce, agree, assent, consent, and subscribe.
How do you use accede?
accede (to something) to agree to a request, proposal, etc.
- He acceded to demands for his resignation.
- Japan had little choice but to accede.
- The Planning Committee has finally acceded to growing pressure.
What does Accedence mean?
1. To give one’s consent, often at the insistence of another: accede to a demand. See Synonyms at assent. 2. To arrive at or come into an office or dignity: accede to the throne.
What part of speech is the word accede?
intransitive verb accede
|part of speech:||intransitive verb|
|inflections:||accedes, acceding, acceded|
What is the closest antonym for the word accede?
antonyms for accede
What are Perambulations?
1 : to travel over or through especially on foot : traverse. 2 : to make an official inspection of (a boundary) on foot. intransitive verb.
How do you use accede in a simple sentence?
Accede in a Sentence
- At your insistence and to avoid a prolonged argument, I will accede to your contract terms.
- The company president made a wise decision to accede to consumer pressure and lower the prices of his goods.
How do you use the word accede in a sentence?
Acceding sentence example The prince will be acceding to the throne after his father steps down from power. Our country has no plans of acceding to the treaty as it is currently written.
What is sentence of accede?
The government should accede to our demands as these are genuine. He was not in a position to accede to her request. We are ready to accede to your demands. They gladly accede to our request. The state government did not accede to their demands.
What does lacuna mean in Latin?
pit Latin speakers modified lacus into lacuna, and used it to mean pit, cleft, or pool. English speakers borrowed the term in the 17th century. Another English word that traces its origin to lacuna is lagoon, which came to us by way of Italian and French.
What is an exceedance?
: an act or instance of exceeding especially a limit or amount.
How do you pronounce accede?
Do you accede to the throne?
Accession describes the event of a new Sovereign taking the throne upon the death of the previous King or Queen. A new Sovereign succeeds to the throne as soon as his or her predecessor dies and is proclaimed as soon as possible at an Accession Council in St James’s Palace.
Can not be acceded to?
1. to agree to the terms or demands that someone has stated. We cannot accede to your demands. 2. to assume a position of power or authority; to begin serving in one’s official capacity. She acceded to the office of mayor in January.
What’s the definition of juridical?
1 : of or relating to the administration of justice or the office of a judge. 2 : of or relating to law or jurisprudence : legal.
What is a Philoprogenitiveness?
1 : tending to produce offspring : prolific. 2 : of, relating to, or characterized by love of offspring.
What is the meaning of industriously?
1 : constantly, regularly, or habitually active or occupied : diligent an industrious worker. 2 obsolete : skillful, ingenious.
What does Importunities mean in literature?
Importunity is when you beg someone to do something. Please, please take me to the mall! is probably something said by many teens with importunity. The adjective importunate describes a plea that is so persistent or demanding that it becomes annoying.
What is Parambulating?
(prmbjlet ) Word forms: 3rd person singular present tense perambulates , present participle perambulating , past tense, past participle perambulated. verb. When someone perambulates, they walk about for pleasure.
What does Perambulate mean synonym?
Words related to perambulate mosey, promenade, ramble, roam, stroll, tour, walk.
How do you use Perambulate?
Perambulate in a Sentence
- They decided to take a short cut and perambulate over the large hill.
- Everyone was intrigued when the man decided to perambulate across country.
- When their car broke down, the passengers had to perambulate to the nearest gas station.
How do you use exhort in a sentence?
Examples of exhort in a Sentence He exhorted his people to take back their land.She exhorted her listeners to support the proposition.
How do you use comprise in a sentence?
Comprise is a verb that means to contain. The word is used near the beginning of a sentence. Example: The house comprises ten rooms and three baths.
How do you use Philoprogenitiveness in a sentence?
Then along comes a lady from the adoption agency who seems to be able to inspire a good deal more philoprogenitiveness in the husband than is inspired by his wife.
Is it affiliated to or affiliated with?
affiliated Add to list Share. If two things are affiliated, they are closely associated or connected with one another. When you join a cause, you become affiliated with it and what it represents. You learned to choose your battles more carefully after becoming affiliated with the Save the Pigeons campaign.
What part of speech is disquieting?
Disquieting can be a verb or an adjective.
How do you use account in a sentence?
Examples of ‘account for’ in a sentenceaccount for
- This was fully and properly accounted for and audited. …
- There is simply no accounting for some people’s tastes. …
- He said: ‘Every single transaction has been properly accounted for.