Here’s the thing: uneventful doesn’t necessarily mean boring or bad. The definition of uneventful is marked by no noteworthy or untoward incidents; placid. To take it a step further, the definition of placid is to be serenely free of interruption or disturbance.
What is the synonym of uneventful?
In this page you can discover 19 synonyms, antonyms, idiomatic expressions, and related words for uneventful, like: routine, monotonous, unexciting, quiet, dull, boring, common, commonplace, insignificant, ordinary and prosaic.
What does it mean to have an uneventful day?
With no outstanding or unusual event; peaceful, routine, etc. An uneventful day.
Is Noneventful a word?
As adjectives the difference between noneventful and uneventful. is that noneventful is not eventful while uneventful is monotonous; lacking significant or noteworthy events.
How do you describe uneventful?
quiet, routine, ordinary, usual.
How do you use uneventful in a sentence?
Uneventful sentence example
- His reign was as uneventful as it was brief. …
- The quiet, uneventful scene on the frontier appeared.
What’s the meaning of unexceptional?
: not out of the ordinary : commonplace.
What does uneventful recovery mean?
If you describe a period of time as uneventful, you mean that nothing interesting, exciting, or important happened during it. adj.
What is the meaning of the word uninteresting?
: not attracting interest or attention : not interesting : dull, boring a very uninteresting topic/subject.
What is an uneventful pregnancy?
The course of pregnancy in a patient with peripheral pulmonary stenoses may generally be uneventful, because increased pulmonary blood flow in pregnancy may cause little influence on pulmonary circulation in this disease by the same mechanism as in pulmonary stenosis, the course of which is known to be uneventful …
What does uneventful night mean?
1. [Rel.] expression used to describe metaphorically a period of ignorance and spiritual crisis that precedes the communion with Divinity ; 2. in a larger meaning, it is used when refering to having a hard time, going through a phase of pessimism, sadness, failure etc.
What is the root word in the word uneventful?
uneventful (adj.) 1800, from un- (1) not + eventful.
What does Venile mean?
1. Easily excused or forgiven; pardonable: a venial offense. 2. Roman Catholic Church Minor, therefore warranting only temporal punishment. [Middle English, from Old French, from Late Latin venilis, from Latin venia, forgiveness; see wen- in Indo-European roots.]
What does Enveil mean?
: to cover with or as if with a veil.
Is uneventful an adjective?
UNEVENTFUL (adjective) definition and synonyms Macmillan Dictionary.
What is a sentence for fertile?
(1) People get less fertile as they get older. (2) Herbs need fertile soil and a sunny sheltered position. (3) Plants grow well in fertile soil. (4) We have the most fertile soil in Europe.
What does unearthly beauty mean?
seeming not to belong to this earth or world: unearthly beauty. supernatural; ghostly; unnaturally strange; weird: an unearthly scream.
What does Unimpressively mean?
: not attracting or deserving particular attention, admiration, or interest : not impressive an unimpressive performance a small, unimpressive building.
What does dabbler mean?
: one that dabbles: such as. a : one not deeply engaged in or concerned with something. b : a duck (such as a mallard or shoveler) that feeds by dabbling.
Whats unremarkable mean?
: unworthy or unlikely to be noticed : not remarkable : common, ordinary The village itself is unremarkable; its one great attribute being the nearby network of extensive caverns.
Can we say uninteresting?
Today, ‘uninterested’ means not interested. But it was first used to mean not biased and ‘disinterested’ was first used to mean not interested.
What is the meaning of wearisome in English?
: causing weariness : tiresome.
What do you call someone who is uninteresting?
fuddy-duddy. nounold-fashion person. dotard. dull person. fogy.